Regardless of if you are a Footsteps member, considering becoming a member, or not ready to take that step – these are outside resources (not operated by Footsteps) we have recommended in the past that might be useful in your journey forward.
Mental Health Support:
- NYC Mental Health Hotline (dial or text 988 if you are in crisis)
- Secular Therapy Project
- Jewish Queer Youth
- The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community Center
- The Door (for ages 12-24)
Domestic violence and abuse:
Food and Other Necessities:
- Community Fridges
- Food Bank NYC
- Jewish Family and Children’s Services New Jersey
- Kosher Food Pantries List
- Diaper Hub
Legal and Housing Support:
- Assurance Wireless: Lifeline Free Government Phone Program
Assurance Wireless is a federal Lifeline Assistance program. Lifeline is a government assistance program. Enrollment is available to individuals who qualify based on federal or state-specific eligibility criteria. The Assurance Wireless offer provides eligible low-income households with free monthly data, unlimited texting, and free monthly minutes.
- Public computers at your local library
Use your local public library to access computers. The link above is for Brooklyn, but most public libraries have free computer access, as long as you have a library card. To get a library card, either look at the library’s website or go in person and ask them how to get one. They are free to local residents.
As a member, you have access to:
Family Justice Initiative
Communications + Field Building
Invite Footsteps to your inbox. We’ll share our latest news, interviews, event recaps, and more!