Position Title: Director of Economic Empowerment
Reports To: Associate Director
Position Type: Full-time, Exempt
Click here to download this job description in PDF format.
Footsteps seeks a dynamic and thoughtful non-profit professional to serve as Director of Economic Empowerment. They will be responsible for deepening and broadening resources and programs to empower members in their economic sustainability and success, with specific focus on education, as well as job attainment, career development, financial security and housing stability. The Director of Economic Empowerment will manage a team of staff that promotes a warm and welcoming environment of support and understanding for members. They will work with their team to assess members’ needs and determine what services Footsteps is best situated to offer in-house and what should be offered by partner agencies. They will serve on the senior staff. The ideal candidate will excel in program development, organizational collaborations and staff management, and will have relevant experience to manage members in crisis.
- Supervise economic empowerment team (currently: program manager, volunteer coordinator and program associate), working with the team and Associate Director to establish annual goals, set calendar for relevant programs, and enhance individual meeting structures/case management systems and follow-up services
- Work closely with clinical team to ensure a comprehensive approach to empowering members’ economic stability and success
- In collaboration with senior staff, strengthen and implement monitoring and evaluation systems to track program impact
- Carry a select caseload of members seeking support in job and career services, education, financial and housing security, devoting special attention to members in crisis
- Ensure accurate documentation of interactions with and milestones of members, as well as relationships with colleague organizations
- Work with volunteer coordinator to expand volunteer engagement opportunities that enhance economic empowerment programs and services to members
- Collaborate with development team to assist in raising funds for Economic Empowerment programs; ensure organizational compliance and accurate reporting on goals for relevant grants
- Represent Footsteps to partner agencies and relevant external stakeholders
- Work with key staff to expand service offerings, including development of housing stability program
- Oversee Footsteps’ academic scholarship program working closely with the Associate Director and Board scholarship committee to allocate scholarships which currently total approx. $400,000 annually to over 100 students pursuing higher education; specific areas include recruitment, application, selection, awards and notification processes
- Deepen and expand collaborations and partnerships with referral agencies who work on college readiness and educational advancement and determine in-house offerings to complement these services
- Develop and pilot vocational scholarship program disbursing $20,000 in FY 2019
Job and Career Services
- Deepen and expand partnerships and collaborations with external agencies for referrals related to job, vocational and career services, in collaboration with Economic Empowerment program manger
- Work with Economic Empowerment program manager to determine where to focus development of in-house offerings and resources
- Manage Footsteps Career Fellowship, a cohort-based internship and professional development program
- Oversee crisis funding program: manage applications from members for financial assistance, work with Associate Director to determine eligibility, and liaise with funders of such programs
- Deepen and expand partnerships and collaborations with external agencies for referrals
- Oversee volunteer coordinator to ensure strong management of and expand volunteer services, including screening, training and matching volunteers
- Collaborate with development team to determine fit for potential supporters and current donors who express interest in volunteering
Competencies and Qualifications
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant professional experience
- BA Required; Relevant Master’s Degree preferred (MSW, MPA, etc.)
- A passion for Footsteps’ mission and values
- Working knowledge of NYC social service sector, specifically education and/or job and career services
- Track record for program development, design and evaluation
- Detail-orientated with excellent organizational skills
- A natural connector with strong relational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Experience with documentation and tracking of client data in Salesforce and strong working knowledge of Excel, a plus
Start Date: Immediate
How to apply: For immediate consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your name and “Director of Economic Empowerment” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Footsteps. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Footsteps is an equal opportunity employer. Immigrants, people of color, formerly ultra-Orthodox individuals, LGBTQIA people, people with disabilities, and people who come from poor and working-class backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Footsteps does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.