Footsteps is the go-to address for any individual who has left — or is contemplating leaving — an ultra-Orthodox Jewish community. We provide crucial peer and professional resources and support as people embrace the challenge to redefine their identities, build new communities and establish self-determined lives. Footsteps nurtures a network of individuals so that they not only survive in their new world, but thrive. Since Footsteps’ founding in 2003, the organization has served over 1,000 individuals. As the organization has grown to meet increasing demand for services, the staff has expanded from four to eight employees in the past two years, and for the first time, the organization’s budget is over $1 million in 2015.
Thank you for your interest in Footsteps. Currently, we do not have any open positions. Please check back. In the meantime, you can stay up to date with us by joining our mailing list.
We currently have the following open Fall 2016 internship positions.
Footsteps is hiring a Development Intern to support our development team in all fundraising work and special projects. We are seeking an individual who is passionate about our mission and has an interest in the day-to-day management of a nonprofit. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in learning about the inner-workings of the development side of an expanding nonprofit organization.
- Provide integral support to our development team with our end-of-year solicitation; tracking incoming donations; database maintenance and upkeep
- Assist with processing donations and thanking donors during year-end giving season
- Assist with stocking organizational info packets
- Provide logistical support for preparation and follow-up from development events, large social & community events and meal hosting
- Provide administrative support on additional projects as assigned
- Commitment to Footsteps mission
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with databases, google docs and excel
- Comfort working in a growing organization, including performing a wide variety of functions, multi-tasking and meeting required deadlines
- Self-starter able to work independently and in a team environment
- Able to commit 15-20 hours per week
This position is unpaid. To apply for this internship, please send a resume and cover letter explaining why you would like to intern with Footsteps to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and the position title in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.