How would you broaden your horizons, if you had the chance? Would you self-publish a book of poetry? Learn to draw? Take a class on opera? Get together with a group of music lovers to see a performance? Learn Spanish?
Well, if you bring the dream we will supply the cash.
Thanks to the help of a dedicated Footsteps supporter, Footsteps is proud to introduce Go For It!, our new microgrant program. Go for It! offers small grants to Footsteps members (and groups of members) seeking to do something to enrich your personal growth.
Microgrants of $200 -$1,000 will be given to Footsteps members to cover the cost of a venture that you would not otherwise be able to do.
1) Grants are intended to offer an opportunity for you to have an important life-broadening experience. Those who have already invested time or other commitment to their projects will be prioritized.
2) The grant can be used to purchase supplies, pay for the cost of an experience, cover the cost of an event, or to cover indirect costs (like to pay a babysitter).
3) The grant is not intended to cover basic needs like college, housing or vocational training nor is it meant to pay for an individual’s work time.
4) This grant is for Footsteps members or groups of members. Reach out to Julia at Julia@footstepsorg.org, Footsteps’ New Member Services Coordinator, if you want to apply for a microgrant but you are not yet a member.
5) Decisions will be made by mid-December.