Job Title: Development Operations Associate
Reports to: Director of Development
Position Type: Full-time, Non-Exempt
The Development Operations Associate is the cornerstone of efficiency for our back-office development work, with tasks ranging from administrative support to leading and implementing complex projects to improve our infrastructure and organizational practices. The primary role of the individual is to manage the development department’s operations including: processing donations and acknowledgements, donor mailings, and maintaining the integrity of our donor database and financial records. The ideal candidate will excel at developing and maintaining systems, providing information, tools and assistance to enhance the organization’s development efforts, and analyzing and reporting on the success of fundraising efforts.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Donations Processing: Organize and track individual donations; process online and mailed donations, enter donations in database, draft, print and send acknowledgement letters, ensure a high quality online donations process.
- Fundraising Campaigns: Assist with preparation, implementation and follow-up for organizational solicitation, including end-of-year direct mail campaign and others; liaise with mail-house to ensure data accuracy; prepare email and mail list segmentation.
- Data Quality Assurance: Assure integrity of data and records, audit data entry for errors, update contact and additional information in donor database and email lists; spearhead monthly and annual reconciliation with accounting; train staff on organizational practices related to development operations.
- Donor Analyses: Undertake donor analyses on monthly, quarterly and annual basis; coordinate donor surveys; prepare donor reports for funders and board of directors.
- Additional Supports Include: Answer calls from supporters and respond to donor correspondence; maintain departmental records; maintain organization’s P.O. box; assist with logistics for donor events.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Minimum 1-2 years previous related experience, preferably in non-profit development
- Systems thinker with impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to accurately handle diverse projects and a large volume of detailed work simultaneously, and use good judgment in prioritizing work
- Demonstrated ability to work with management information systems and databases; superior Excel, MS Office required; fundraising database experience preferred
- Self-starter able to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Comfort working in a growing, fast-paced organization, including performing a wide variety of functions, multi-tasking and meeting required deadlines
Location: New York City
Start Date: Immediate
Salary: 40,000-45,000 commensurate with experience
How to apply: For immediate consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your name and “Development Operations Associate” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.